Are you always in a bad mood when you wake up..? Do you skip your breakfast..? Many of us follow morning routine and many of us are too lazy to do that. We should always keep in mind that if we will follow a morning routine we will have a great day ahead. Yet another inspiring article that forced me to write about it. It is an amazing post and i know you will love reading this. So now i will tell you few thing that you should avoid in your daily routine. A few simple changes can transform your mornings..
1) WAKE UP WITH A JERK AND HITTING THE GYM : “Morning are slow down time. Give yourself time to wakeup quietly and move your muscles slowely” say spiritual Guru Mohanji when you wakeup turn to your right and wakeup from bed. This balances the energy flow which is latent during sleep. Yoga expert Abhisheik Sharma says what we do soon after we wake up sets the tone for the rest of the day. Mistakes in the morning have adverse effects on the quality of our day and over period of time lead to serious consequence on our health and well-being. Spend a few minutes in silence, take a deep breadth, sip room temperature water.
2) NOT STRETCHING : When we wake-up, our muscles particularly the spine is a bit stiff. Wake up without stretching makes us carry this stiffness, which compromises our productive through the day. move gently after waking up. If you have tied hamstrings and calves stretch them. Just 3-4 gentle stretches and a few deep breaths will help.
3) STARTING YOUR DAY WITH A CUP OF TEA : The secret of good metabolism is not to start your day with a cup of tea but something alkaline says yoga and stiffness expert Mini Shastri, “don’t start your day with something acidic like tea or coffee with sugar and milk. Drink lime juice and water. follow it up with white tea or quality green tea.
4) CHECKING YOUR PHONE : Author Julie Morganstern wrote in her best-seller never check email in the morning and other unexpected strategies for making your work life work, ” you don’t have to immediately solve the worlds problems in the first to hours after you wake up. Your energy should be first focused on the most important jobs, not the least important. Check your emails only once you reach office. checking them in the morning wont make you really productive. On the contrary, it’ll put you in an unhappy mood”. Corporate guru Azim Jamal starts his day with the hour of power or what he calls 20:20:20. ” 20 minutes exercise, 20 minutes meditation and 20 minutes of reading something uplifting,” says Jamal.
5) SKIPPING BREAKFAST : A slew of recent reports link skipping breakfast to obesity, diabetes and weak immunity. In fact Harvard School of public health has said that missing breakfast puts extra strain on body. Wellness expert Ramon Lamba says”if you skip breakfast, you will end up making wrong food choices through the day. You don’t have to have breakfast like a king, but you do need to eat something.” In the morning blood sugar levels are low because there’s a long gap between dinner and breakfast time. If we do not eat something in about half an hour of waking up, the levels dip further making us lethargic. Another big mistakes is to start the day with sugar in tea, biscuits etc. Fitness expert Leena Morge says, “begin the day with a few soaked almonds whole wheat bread, rotis or some fruit. This raise the blood sugar levels gradually.”
6) WAKING UP GRUMPY : Most people have cluttered and over-busy morning. they abuse their maids, curse the traffic and everyone else around them. But the good news according to mood researchers Allison G. Harvey, Ph. D professor of psychology at the university of California, is that morning bad mood lasts only for about 20 minutes..! Actress Manisha Koirala says, “i think the worst thing people can do is to begin their day with noise or being grouchy. It blocks positive energies. Tranquility in the morning time is the most important thing. Before 10 am, try to listen to natural soothing sounds of nature-bird calls, sounds of ocean, chanting of mantras.”
7) NOT PLANNING THE DAY AHEAD : Do you pack your clothes and plan your meals a day in advance.? says Mogre,” the biggest mistakes people make is not planning in advance. It may be unappealing to think about the next morning after a long day, but plan your meals and set your clothes aside. Prep up your breakfast the night before.”
8) GETTING NICOTINE-OR-CAFFEINE ‘HIT’ : A lot of people reach for their pack of cigarettes or that strong black coffee as soon as they get up. With the body away from any nourishment for several hours, and mornings being the best time for digestive juices to work- a cigarette or a strong coffee on an empty stomach can devastate the system over a period of time. Don’t give anything to your body before you drink a glass of water. A small fruit or even a non-sugary biscuit before that coffee would do wonders in protecting your digestive system.
“You should sleep and wake up at the same time. If your waking up pattern differs daily it suggests you have insomnia ad need sleep therapy invention.” I hope you will include these tips in your daily routine and will have great life ahead. For any query comment me. See you soon buhbyeeessss…^_^
Picture Credit : Pinterest
By : Shady