Hello my loves, welcome back m so excited for today’s post. It’s Friday and time for an #FitnessFriday post. I love posting under this section, as I have become healthier than before I love reading and writing about fitness inspired topics. For today I will be discussing on “How to start a healthy lifestyle”. I would be sharing some tips that actually helped me get into a healthy lifestyle. I found these tips on Pinterest, applied to my life/routine and could actually see the difference. Everything starts for a reason and fitness is no exception. This kind of things needs a hell lot of courage and patience. You need to stay motivated throughout the journey of changing your life for a good reason. I invested like a year over this to get my sh*t together and as for now, I can finally see the difference I m happy that I gave these tips a try. When these healthy tips helped me to start a healthy lifestyle I decided to share them on my blog. There were many tips available on that page but I will be mentioning the ones worked for me. You need a really good reason to start this else you won’t be able to stay focused and committed. Remove all the obstacles standing between you and your goals, and stay tuned for some exciting tips to change your life.
Things you need to ask yourself before getting into this lifestyle:
How healthy are you?
Do you follow a healthy diet?
Do you exercise daily?
Do you drink 8 glasses of water daily?
Do you sleep enough every day?
I know your answer to most of these question would be a big “No”. Its ok I was in the same situation a few months back but now I can proudly answer to these questions as a big YES. If you want to answer them as yes then apply below tips to your life.
- Start loving yourself: before doing anything start loving and believing yourself. Start from today stay happy and love yourself, even more, every day.
- Get rid of negative people and thoughts: the second most important thing is to get rid of negative people and thoughts. Surround yourself with positivity and you will start noticing the difference.
- Start journalling: write what you feel, express yourself. Journaling has helped me a lot to move on and stay positive in my life. I write about things I want to achieve, my goals, ups and downs to stay more focused in life. I share everything with my journal, its good than keeping your thoughts to yourself.
- Set a Goal: a healthy life starts with a healthy mind. Stay focused and be determined. Set your priorities and goals to keep yourself motivated in life. Find the true purpose of living.
- Learn to say NO & YES: start saying no for things you hate and yes to things you like. Don’t think how others would react to it just be yourself and do what your heart says.
- Get enough sleep: get enough sleep to stay active and healthy next day.
- Drink more water: fall is arriving making it difficult for us to stick to our water routine. Read my post on “How I drink 8 glasses of water during fall”. I m sure it will help you a lot. I start my mornings with a glass of water.
- Keep water with you: whether you’re at your desk or you’re going out keep water close to you. This will help you stay hydrated.
- Meditate: As soon as I wake up I like to meditate just before my workout routine. It really helps me to stay focus and inspired. Meditation keeps your soul calm and your worries away.
- Breath in, Breath out: sit at a silent place and breath in and out for at least 5 minutes. Oxygen is a vital source of life and believe me we are not breathing properly. A full breath is really important to keep your inner happy and going.
- Exercise: I work out for 20 minutes daily, each month I change my exercise to keep my body flexible and toned. Youtube is really our best friend, pick out your favorite exercises and keep going. You can even do yoga or focus on body toning exercises to stay fit and healthy.
- Get out: go out and meet your friends, interact with people. Visit places you have memories with. Even just for a walk but go out.
- Start running/ jogging: do whatever you like but go out for running or a walk even. There are many advantages of running as you may all know. Choose an appropriate hour and start today. I like going for cycling if not running.
- Cut on caffeine and soda intake: we know these drinks are not healthy but still, we cannot live without them. Our morning starts with a cup of coffee in our hand how can we think of cutting it off. If you cannot totally avoid it consume less. A great alternative for coffee is fruit juice it’s healthy instead.
- Cut on alcohol/ Smoking: Like caffeine avoid alcohol and smoking too. We all know they do no good to our health. With them comes many negative health problems, it can affect major organs of our body badly.
- Prepare your meals: instead of eating outside, cook for yourself. I know its hard when you have been working for hours but cook small and cook healthy. You will appreciate yourself one day for this.
- Eat more fruits: start your day with healthy breakfast. I like having a cup of green tea with a bowl of fruits as my breakfast. It’s healthy and keeps me full until my lunch hours. Eat antioxidant rich fruits. Eg banana, mango,pineapple, oranges, papaya, apples, watermelons, guava etc.
- Eat more veggies: include green veggies to your meal every day. Eat antioxidant rich fruits. Eg cucumber, lettuce, celery, eggplants, tomatoes etc.
- Eat small: serve your meal on a smaller plate, it will trick you to eat less. Stop eating when you’re full even if your food is tasty. Complete your 3 meals intake every day. Eating small meals balances energy.
- Cut down on processed food: avoid eating processed food as they are not good for our health neither do they have any nutritional value.
- Avoid junk food: the most crucial tip is to cut on junk food, they have a high level of refined sugar, salt, fat, and flour again not good for your health.
- Go for brown carbs: switch on to brown carbs than white as they are rich in nutrients and vitamins. Eg brown rice, whole grain, oatmeals, oats, nuts etc.
- Cut on salt and sugar: if you cannot totally avoid it, consume less. Go for healthy snacks instead you will feel more satisfied.
- Eat low-calorie, low-fat food: there are many alternatives available to choose from just eat healthily and stay healthy.
- Brush your teeth twice: brushing twice is a sign of a good hygiene. So brush your teeth Twice a day, rinse your mouth after each meal and floss your teeth at night.
Thats all in today’s post. I will be back with an amazing topic. See you guys very soon. XOXO